I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Six: Spambots are Dicks

2 posters

Go down

Week Six: Spambots are Dicks Empty Week Six: Spambots are Dicks

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Fri May 17, 2013 2:13 am

It's been some time since April 2nd. That was the day the office had their monthly "group birthday" celebration wherein I ate 6-7 cookies as a shamelessly as a labrador would eat molded cheese that had fallen to the floor. I realized that my chub was directly related to my terribly one-sided love for food.

The diet is going a bit better than normal. I feel more in control of any whackadoo cravings I have - though I still get a bit stabby when someone around me is eating pizza or hamburgers. Although I can never be sure what the best number is, my most recent weigh ins put me around 183-185 lbs. Down from 203lbs!

Bad news is my wrist is still forked up. I haven't been able to do any weight work like I'd wanted, so I'm sure my muscles are paying that price. I'm one and a half belt loops down, fitting much more nicely into my clothing, getting some compliments on how I look (mostly around that rotund face of mine) - but I periodically make the mistake of trying on clothes that didn't fit the last time I was at this weight. Turns out, I still have work to do, and wearing clothes that make you look like linked sausage is depressing. but I trudge on.

Hopefully I can assist ma' "text buddy" and he/she can return the favor as needed. Every once in a while I need to feel like I'm not struggling along this alone, lest I retreat behind a plate of fried chicken. Thanks those who've maintained a presence on here! Let me know if you need words of encouragement, guilty sideways looks, or the like.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Week Six: Spambots are Dicks Empty Re: Week Six: Spambots are Dicks

Post by Chiddycho Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 am

Wow! 20 pounds, that's so much! You're doing great!

Chiddycho

Back to top Go down

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 am

thanks much!

i'm simply grateful i'm at the point in my diet where i'm not constantly fighting off cravings. it's become more of a lifestyle and makes grocery shopping, food prepping, and being stuck in situations with lots of available "terrible" food easy to manage.

now if only i could get into that sort of mentality with jogging and situps (and hopefully, one day, push ups and pull ups).

mayhaps i'll give that gym membership i've never used a whirl......
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiddycho Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Exercising is important- gotta build that muscle mass so your metabolism doesn't slow to a crawl as you lose weight so you can keep it off, but the eating part is the biggest factor in weight loss. You've won the lions share of the battle if you've got your cravings under control. I know I'd lose so much faster if I stopped drinking for example, but I don't want to give up the majority of my social life, so...

Chiddycho

Back to top Go down

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

to be fair, i haven't elimated drinking altogether. but I could those calories as diligently as anything else, and usually limit it to one or two.

we'll see how i fare tonight. bowling shindig with the soccer team - all of which are probably 10 years younger than i, single, and without children. i'm quite confident i cannot bowl without beer, so hopefully i can keep it under control.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down