I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week Two: Weak, too.

3 posters

Go down

Week Two:  Weak, too. Empty Week Two: Weak, too.

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am

I feel like I'm reporting the same results as last week.

I've managed to stay pretty close to my hodge-podge diet of widely general ideals. I had a couple slip-ups (last week alone: plate o' fries, 1 1/2 slices of pizza, lasagna and cake at a BBQ, a couple of beers, some chips and dip) but managed to right the ship thereafter.

Weight is still trickling off, though not at the rate it was through week one. Initial weight was 203lbs. Weighing myself this morning, I was at 194lbs.

What I have failed to do AGAIN is start running or doing other exercises outside of my weekly or bi-weekly soccer playing. Certainly the running ignorance is due to lack of will power - but I still have this nagging wrist injury which has hampered some good intent. I plan on having it reviewed and probably x-rayed this week since it is not improving.

My concern is that my weight loss has been probably been 85% due to diet. So I've probably lost more muscle mass to fat, meaning that when I eventually lose all control and start eating like a pig again, the weight will jump back on immediately. NEED TO START EXERCISING.

GOAL FOR WEEK TWO: continue to eat well - don't give up if I slip up. GO RUNNING AT LEAST ONCE (but shoot for 3 times).

This board goes silent pretty quick. I hope you're all doing well on your efforts. Anyone else have some progress or concerns to discuss?
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Week Two:  Weak, too. Empty Re: Week Two: Weak, too.

Post by charlotte-charades Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm focusing this week on eating slightly better and actually walking/jogging with my dad. He turned 60 in November and a few weeks ago he ran a 10-mile race. I can't run more than a few minutes without getting winded and dealing with side pains. I inspired him to quit drinking soda (I have gone more than 1.5 years soda-free) so he has inspired me to start running.

On my own I started using the Zombie 5k app to get me used to brisk walking and brief jogging. I enjoy it because it's a story and it eases me into it all. This week I've gotten up early yesterday and today to do 2.5 miles or so with my dad. He could run more of it and leave me behind but he's nice enough to not do that. (Bonus: if I keep it up every day, excluding rain or rest days, he's going to buy me new running shoes.)

I figure I'll focus more on my nutrition and diet slowly once I've gotten used to working out again. It sort of happens naturally anyway - if I worked out I don't want to ruin it by eating junk that day. I barely snacked at work yesterday so I'm hoping today will be the same.
charlotte-charades
charlotte-charades

Back to top Go down

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 pm

What's the Zombie 5K app? Is it the "Zombies, Run!" app from Six to Start? I wonder if there are other similar apps out there? The idea of incorporating story or gaming with exercise is insanely intriguing to me.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by tamalogo Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Gaming and exercise? Sounds good to me. I'm not one for running though, and tend to opt for things in-home, like cardio things. Anyone watched Zuzana aka ZWOW on YouTube for exercise inspiration? I've tried some of her workouts, and I really think if I stuck to it, I'd lose the weight (They're tiring, but short workouts). I've still been doing the 30-day squat challenge and currently on a 'rest' day, but yesterday, on doing 190 squats and calf raises, my legs were so tired, by the end, I swear if my legs could talk, they'd say STOP!!! Please! That let me know I was doing it right though Wink

I'm onto day 25 tomorrow, and it ramps up to 220 squats. I don't do it all in one though, I split them up. To begin with, when I started on 50, I split it into 25 squats, 25 calf raises, 25 squats, 25 calf raises, done. Now that I'm going to be going beyond 200, I think I'll quarter it (55, four times over). I can definitely say that my legs feel stronger, and I noticed that I've gained weight, but I definitely think my clothes fit slightly better, so I'm assuming I'm gaining muscle and losing the fat. cheers

Once I finish this, I'm planning on finding a push-up and crunch/sit-up challenge. I've never stuck to any other exercise in the same way I am with these challenges. I've even gone as far as making an excel chart to help motivate me to do it. Cool

tamalogo
tamalogo

http://tamalosh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by charlotte-charades Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm

svenbjornjorgensen wrote:What's the Zombie 5K app? Is it the "Zombies, Run!" app from Six to Start? I wonder if there are other similar apps out there? The idea of incorporating story or gaming with exercise is insanely intriguing to me.

Yeah, there is the Zombies, Run! App and then the 5k training version which is more about training you apparently. I wanted the Zombies, Run! App and they had this one on sale for 50% off so I thought I'd give it a shot since it's for beginners. I like it a lot so far. You can listen to your music then the radio messages interrupt with instructions.
charlotte-charades
charlotte-charades

Back to top Go down

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:23 pm

i downloaded the zombies, run! app. it looks a bit intimidating, but I think it'll inspire me to do more. thanks for the idea!

*edit* just tried it out. only managed 20 minutes of running (got caught by zombies both times they appeared, but I blame my dog - who decided to come to a complete halt every time I tried to pick up the pace), but it was a good start. I'm actually pretty impressed I didn't do any walking, considering the hilly terrain.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by charlotte-charades Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 pm

svenbjornjorgensen wrote:i downloaded the zombies, run! app. it looks a bit intimidating, but I think it'll inspire me to do more. thanks for the idea!

*edit* just tried it out. only managed 20 minutes of running (got caught by zombies both times they appeared, but I blame my dog - who decided to come to a complete halt every time I tried to pick up the pace), but it was a good start. I'm actually pretty impressed I didn't do any walking, considering the hilly terrain.

Thanks for the update! I really want to try the actual app someday, but for now I'm sticking with the training one. I went out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but did not today since I had a job interview before work. It felt kind of weird to not go out walking/jogging, but I know I needed the rest. Can someone make this rain clear up so I can go out in the morning, though? That would be great. I want to have logged 10 miles for the week.
charlotte-charades
charlotte-charades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down