I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Exercisin' Heart

3 posters

Go down

Your Exercisin' Heart Empty Your Exercisin' Heart

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 am

Here's as good a place as any to log your exercise-specific routines, accomplishments, questions, recommendations and goals.

This is where I struggle the most. And most of it is my unwilliness to change the status quo - to get off the couch after work or out of bed earlier (if 4:30am isn't early enough) to get in a run or some dumptruck juggling. Hopefully this particular forum will push me to do more.

Current regiment: Soccer just once a week. I normally play goalie, but after my wrist injury, I'm playing field (for the first time last night) and realized how badly out of shape I am.

Goal: Running at least 1/2 hour or so most mornings or evenings. There's a 5 minute sit-up regiment I used to do that I'd like to return to after a run. When my wrist feels good, I'd like to do pushups and get to the point where I could do 5 unassisted pullups (I can barely do one right now). When it gets warmer, I'll starting biking with my kid in tow.

Recommendations: if you have an iPhone or the sort, check out 'Couch to 5K', a running assistant app. I did it last year with my wife and were both very successful with it. There are equivalent programs for situps, pushups, etc. (see: 'Situps Pro', '100+ Pushups'). I also like using 'RunKeeper' which is really just a GPS tracker and timer. It's nice because you can share your progress with friends or simply see the results of your run/walk/bike.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Your Exercisin' Heart Empty Re: Your Exercisin' Heart

Post by tamalogo Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm currently doing the 30-day squat challenge, where over the course of 30 days, you do more squats per day until day 30, where you reach 250 in a day. I've just finished day 18, which means I've completed my 155 for the day. From day one, I decided to do a total leg workout by doing the same amount of calf raises per day, so I've done my 155 of those for the day as well.

Also, alongside those... I've decided to do the Fast and Furious Insanity workout, which takes less than 30 minutes. I missed 5 days though, out of sheer laziness, but I picked it back up again yesterday and am feeling pretty proud of myself for having got back into it. cheers Yay!
tamalogo
tamalogo

http://tamalosh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiddycho Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 am

my goal is to go to the gym for 4 days a week, I really go only Mon thru Wed though and then I really struggle getting in the 4th day cause I'm busy. When I go I use the elliptical til it says I burned 1000 calories and then I do weights, alternating upper and lower body days except abs which I do everyday, for about 45 minutes. Been doing this for 3 weeks now, and I'm wondering when I'll stop feeling super sore and exhausted. Is the 3 days on 4 days off just sabotaging myself and keepin from making any real progress with the weights?
Also I bike commute and I'm wondering if spinning would make me a better biker? I'd love to cut down on my travel time.
I'll start the 30 day squat program- that sounds awesome!

Chiddycho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 am

I try to exercise outside as much as possible because I find the fresh air is a good motivator. I jog in the evenings, I can only do about 3k at the moment, but there are lots of hills and I run over moors (think Jane Eyre) so its pretty uneven which is good for toning my legs. I used to run 10k every day without even thinking about it and I really want to be able to do that again.
I also cycle to my local outdoor pool a couple of times a week. I bought a ridiculously expensive season ticket so now I HAVE to go otherwise I'm just wasting money I don't have. Luckily I love the rain so that never puts me off. Sometimes though, in the winter when its dark and snowy, outside isn't an option.

I'm pretty intrigued by this fast and furious workout. Going to give it a try for when the weather is bad. And maybe this squat thing too.

@Chiddycho I think spinning is great for cycling AND, because all the bikes have little tension dials on, no-one really knows what level anybody else is working at, so it removes the competitive (and therefore self conscious) element of exercise classes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum