I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone out there?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone out there?  Empty Anyone out there?

Post by selina Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Hey guys! I know Erin has been busy with being engaged but I figured this was also a great time to check the site because I'm sure she is obsessing even more about how she is going to look in that wedding dress!

It's almost summer which means everyone is trying to get back into shape and I would love to hear how people are keeping motivated. I recently joined a gym in my local town and am trying to make it a daily routine to add working out to my after work schedule. I have also recently added avocado to my meals since I never really gave a try before.

I'd love to hear what other foods people are trying or ways they are fitting workouts into their daily schedule!  cat
selina
selina

Back to top Go down

Anyone out there?  Empty Re: Anyone out there?

Post by J4Cook Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Congrats on joining the gym! I know just getting into the door was the hardest part for me.

I've been trying to simplify my diet. Just a lot of straight chicken breasts, eggs, plain vegetables. Everything is quick to cook and it makes it a little easier to eat regularly, opposed to doing one or two gigantic meals a day.

Any avocado combinations that you were surprised by?
J4Cook
J4Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by selina Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Yay! A sign of life! lol

I actually was surprised at what a great cheese substitute it made for my sandwiches. Getting that low calorie cheese is the worst! Might as well eat it dry. Also, I'm not a big fan of mustards or other sauces that are often the go to cheese replacements, so realizing that I can make a slightly healthier turkey breast sandwich with avocado was a great find!

School and work have been making the consistency of my diet almost impossible but I try to stock my house with healthy food so I have no other choices. Although, this doesn't stop me from letting a bag of salad expire in my fridge almost every other week. Still need to work on getting the right things into my body and the right amounts of the foods I still love.  

@J4Cook how do you not get tired of eating the same stuff? After 2-3 days of eating the same meat I get tired and crave something like pasta. I have been making an effort on not doing the huge meal a day thing but that dinner is still the hardest to not myself think I want a bigger than necessary meal. I try to only eat till I'm about full but I have not mastered this skill when it comes to my comfort foods. What are some quick meals you use for when you are craving something bad? Like is there a go to? I tried cucumber but I guess I just gave up on them.

There is a birthday party I'm going to where I'll be seeing a lot of my old coworkers and since it's in two weeks I can't make the swan transformation I want, but my goal is to be down 7 pounds in two weeks because might as well try to look my best. I haven't actually pushed myself for a goal in a while. Been taking the "I'll get there once my body wants me to get there" kind of moods, but it's always fun to have a short term goal to work for so here it goes!

Tonight's Gym Mantra: Bonnaroo!  afro
selina
selina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum