I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latecomer Void Shouting, etc

3 posters

Go down

Latecomer Void Shouting, etc Empty Latecomer Void Shouting, etc

Post by Lauren S-L Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

I had gotten behind on This Feels Terrible, so I just found this forum today and figured I might at least post something to buoy Sven's spirits.  

I've been working 11-14 hours days for my summer job, so the routine of yoga and cardio that had been helping me lose weight for the past few months went out the window, and after work I barely have time to put food in my face before passing out in front of a Law & Order rerun and waking up at 6 to do it all over again.  Thankfully I do get SOME exercise running from one end of camp to the other, but I miss my regular yoga sessions.

Additionally, I am more caffeinated than I ever have been before.  My bane is Java Beach, who will give you up to four shots of their excellent espresso for no extra charge, and for a while I was drinking way more iced vanilla lattes than my lactose-intolerant body could or should handle.  It's hard to resist when somebody offers to make a coffee run, but I've been making a mostly-successful effort to switch to blueberry green tea and 5-hour-energy.

I just ordered a new sequined bikini and I'll wear it to the river regardless but I wish I had energy enough to at least do some crunches and push ups before bed.  I'm going to try to set that as a goal for July and see how it goes. Even if the well of this forum is dry, just writing down my intentions and sending it out into the ether makes it more likely that I'll follow through.

Lauren S-L

Back to top Go down

Latecomer Void Shouting, etc Empty Re: Latecomer Void Shouting, etc

Post by svenbjornjorgensen Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 pm

ohmagarshsoexcited. this internally-contained euphoria that i am currently experiencing is equivalent to a castaway encountering his/her first land-lubber after years of developing titilating dialogue with only volleyballs and coconuts.

to retort, quickly: a few things. 1) i have hit my initial goal of 170lbs. 2) i have obliterated my quality dieting practices and am chasing the wagon as it leaves port. 3) i had roughly given up on this forum of one.

so my return to peer through the doorway, expecting nothing, has been met with some subtle joys.

TO THE POINT -- coffee-stuffs have become a staple in my entire experience thus far. every breakfast i've had for several months have included a cup or two and oatmeal. but little to no of the milky products and or syrups. i'm glad to see that you've made the effort to divert from the latte ship. to emulate the latte, however, can i suggest utilizing a measuring spoon with regular coffee or americano? just one or two tablespoons of your run-of-the-mill creamer to a good frothed cup will give yer lips n' tongue the illusion of those more caloric drinks for about 40 calories.

i hope i can re-energize my efforts to get sexified. looking at my body--even at my goal weight, i still have work to do before i could get sitcom work. i have a month. i think i can kill 5 pounds by getting back on the diet horse, more core work at home, and maybe even a run or two.
svenbjornjorgensen
svenbjornjorgensen

Back to top Go down

Post by selina Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Congrats on reaching your initial goal, Sven! I hope you were able to keep it up and finally leave this whole struggling with your weight thing behind you!

selina
selina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum