I Love My Terrible Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum!

3 posters

Go down

This Forum! Empty This Forum!

Post by McGathy Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello! Welcome! I'm terrified!

This is the forum for our "Terrible Body" experiment. If you're here, you probably heard me on the podcast talk about how I've felt uncomfortable in my skin lately and am committing to making a change. Over the past few months, I've really annoyed my boyfriend, friends and cat with my constant complaints about feeling fat, ugly etc. It's especially annoying because I complain about my weight and take no action. Well, I'm taking action. I'm going to live healthier and lose the extra pounds that I keep blaming for my occasional unhappiness.

This forum is for us to support each other. Post our struggles and successes. Let's annoy each other by talking about how fat we feel or how great we feel I love you . Post pictures of yourself (if you want) talk about your fears, talk about your exes, talk about whatever you like.

This is how I am going to use the forum:

I will be posting my weight weekly (ACK)
I'll post when I'm having a hard time (or an easy time)
I'll share what I'm doing diet and exercise wise.
I'll make mini-goals for myself and use upcoming events as incentive.

Let's do this!

McGathy
McGathy
Admin

https://terriblebody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This Forum! Empty Re: This Forum!

Post by tamalogo Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Yay! I love this idea! I've actually started weighing myself weekly as well, but nothing has changed over the past few weeks! I'm assuming (hoping) that's because I've built muscle. I'm currently doing the 30 day squat challenge, where at the end of the 30 days, I'll be up to 250 squats in a day! Currently, I'm on day 15, so started it before hearing about this.

I'm currently at 170 lbs and 5'7. Between last year, and the year before, I was about 200 lbs, it took a moment of seeing myself in a full-length mirror for me to hit that question to myself: "What have I done?!" Around Christmas last year, I got lazy and stopped trying to lose weight, so have stuck around 170 lbs. I also aim to get to 135 at some point, but not necessarily by August. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself in case I have bad weeks, etc.

When I started the 30 day squat challenge, I made myself a spreadsheet to help motivate myself, where I Have a weekly weight + goal weight to document. I love this idea, Erin! I like that a bunch of us can do this together! Smile

Tamalogo (aka Talia) Smile
tamalogo
tamalogo

http://tamalosh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eileenonyou Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:17 pm

This is awesome Erin! Thank you!

eileenonyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content